The Strike of the workers of the “Borjomi” factory is concluded
27 / 05 / 2021
After an 8-day full-strike, an agreement was reached between employees, trade unions and the administration. Most of the demands of the employees will be met, salaries will be increased and working conditions will be improved.
It should be noted that the administration and director of JSC. “Borjomi” were changed against the background of the protests.
The new director unlike the previous one, entered into a dialogue with the trade unions and facilitated a positive solution to the process.
The agreement was preceded by the next round of talks between Irakli Petriashvili, (Chairman of the Trade Unions) Giorgi Diasamidze (Chairman of the Trade and Industry Trade Union) Merab Akhmeteli (Director of JSC. “Borjomi”) and members of the trade union committee of the factory.
The Agreement after the strike is conclude
Borjomi, 26 May 2021
Ltd. “IDS Borjomi Georgia” takes a responsibility:
- to increase the salaries of employees according to the attached table. The salaries in the table are fixed for the standard amount of shifts and overtime is remunerated according to the procedure in the additional company;
- The company guarantees, that it will not use any repressive measures against the employees participating in the strike;
- The company guarantees, that it will maintain all currently existing social projects and will continue to work for the development of this area;
- The Company expresses its readiness to actively cooperate with the Georgian Trade Unions Confederation and the Trade Union of Agriculture, Trade and Industry Employees in order to exchange information on working conditions (including overtime pay) and labor protection on a regular basis. The parties will continue the dialogue on the concluding collective agreement.
- The company will individually review with the employees the accuracy of the calculation of salary remuneration from January 1, 2020 and in case of deficiencies it will be corrected.
- The salaries of the persons employed in the same positions will be equalizing.
- Rights and duties will be specifically written in the individual labour contracts for the employees.
- In the case of vacancies within the company, priority will be given to existing employees based on their skills.